It appears that http://myip.dnsomatic.com no longer functions properly. It has been working for years, but I imagine it has been abused, much like my own service was, so they had to take it down. Or it possibly could just be down temporarily for maintenance. Either way, to make TrueIP work again, the primary lookup site needs to be replaced with an alternative. You can try changing the lookup site in your preferences to http://ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com/ or http://my-ip.heroku.com/ and see if that resolves the issue. If you can't get TrueIP to launch at all (which seems to be the case for most people), you can perform the following steps:
- Open an explorer window to C:Program FilesHazteK SoftwareTrueIP or if you are on Windows 7 64-bit, C:Program Files (x86)HazteK SoftwareTrueIP
- Find the TrueIP.exe.config file and open it with Notepad.
- Find the following section in the configuration file:
<setting name="CheckURLs" serializeAs="Xml"> <value> <ArrayOfString xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/
2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/ 2001/XMLSchema"> <string>http://myip.dnsomatic. com/</string> </ArrayOfString> </value> </setting>
- Replace the <string>http://myip.dnsomatic.
com/</string> with <string>http://whatismyip.org/ </string>
- Save the file and try starting TrueIP again.
If you have any more problems with the application, please feel free to post a comment on this blog post, or contact me directly.